Monday 27 July 2015

Anyone listening?

I've always been wary of recording my own voice so seeing the topic of RudaĆ­23 Podcast appear I felt that nagging feeling that this one was going to be a disaster.  I sound totally different than what is in my head and I hate the outcome.  I'll quite happily listen to other peoples Podcasts and enjoy discovering the unknown world of audio - I'm a radio kind of girl, that's my experience so far :)

My other great interest is in music and because I've had professional training - both in voice and organ, I'm used to having my singing voice recorded, I'm no kiri te kanawa but I can sing a good Schubert 'Ave Maria' or a Mozart 'Ave Verum' - you won't find me singing in the stacks while shelving though!  I'm not the singing librarian!

I've sang in some amazing places - Royal Albert Hall, Buckfast Abbey in Devon (home to Buckfast wine) Spain, France, St. Patricks New York and the Vatican. Now I'm busy singing to my little one and distracting her from teething pains.

This part of the course did make me think at how I could use some of my recordings to showcase my voice for weddings etc. The brain is whirling now!


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like we should be looking forward to hearing you podcast your singing so, Liz.How about you have a go at "Joyce the librarian"?
    https://youtu.be/-5ftzeIYAWc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, I'll have to be brave and maybe just try it :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, sounds like an amazing time singing.
    I was the same when I read podcasts (though I haven't got to that thing yet!) because I know my recorded voice brings out my culchie accent more than usual! But I say 'go for it' because how else will you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Niamh, I have great adventures singing, plus it's medically proven that singing reduces stress!

      Delete
    2. Yes Niamh, I have great adventures singing, plus it's medically proven that singing reduces stress!

      Delete